On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 03:19:20AM -0800, Dave Higton wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 17:25:34 +0000 John-Mark Bell wrote:
>
> > More generally; all issues should be reported on the issue tracker, with
> > sufficient detail to describe the problem fully. Any issue which is not
> > reported in this way will almost certainly not be investigated, and will
> > certainly not be tracked properly, so will be forgotten.
> >
> > So, if you want something fixed, then report it on the issue tracker!
>
> In general, I agree with you.  However, the MousAxxess and sockets issues
> were not obviously Netsurf's fault.  Discussion on list has helped add
> information.  This discussion would have not taken place if the OP had
> done nothing more than reported to the issue tracker.
>
> Discussion having taken place, all relevant information should go into
> a report in the issue tracker.

I sense you're missing my point: if the issue is not reported in the
issue tracker, it will not cross the radar of the developers. Discuss
what you want, where you want, but the only sure way of ensuring that a
developer is aware of the issue is to report it on the issue tracker.

In fact, if you can go a step further and include a link to the relevant
discussion in the mailing list archives, that would be even better!

John-Mark.