In article <9b5f51d953....@abbeypress.net>,
   Jim Nagel <nets...@abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> Suggestion to the Netsurf team:

> Please, could you include an extra "Readme-date" file in the download
> zipfile that would simply state in plain text the date of the last
> actual change and words to the effect that "If you have updated !Boot
> and !System since this date, there is no need to do it this time."

> It would save the chore of going to every machine and repepetititively
> performing the merge-boot and merge-system rigamarole when it isn't
> necessary.  (The rest of the job of updating the !Netsurf application
> on all stations can be done over the network.)  Thanks.

[Snip]

I work on the assumption that if a merge-boot or merge-system is required
that NetSurf will let me know with an appropriate message. Otherwise I
just let NetSurf get on with it. Am I under vigilant or are you over
vigilant? It seems to me that the NetSurf team have far bigger fish than
this to fry.

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 8.1 Pro
RISC OS 6.20