Andrew Pinder, on 15 Jun, wrote:

> In message <d55ad31754.andrew-...@waitrose.com>
>  on 14 Jun 2014 Andrew Pinder <andrew.pin...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In message <mpro.n768be0c1izuo01q9.li...@stevefryatt.org.uk>
> >  on 14 Jun 2014 Steve Fryatt <li...@stevefryatt.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > > I don't run NetSurf during the boot sequence -- are all the people
> > > seeing issues doing that? What are people's Next slots configured to
> > > during the boot process?
>
> > On completion of booting, my Next slot is set to 640k.  I don't know how
> > to tell if it's different during boot.
>
> Adding
>
> WimpSlot -min 16k -max 16k
>
> to the !Run file just before
>
> Run <Cache$AppDir>.!RunImage
>
> gets rid of the error message.  It does, however, lead the application to
> think it has not been invoked via its !Boot file, so it opens the Cache
> directory.  This is tested via
>
> SYS "XOS_ReadVarVal","Cache$FromBoot",block%,-1 TO ,,exists%
>
> Cache$From!Boot is set in the !Boot file before the !Run file is called
> and then unset immediately afterwards.

If the error being seen above is the same as the error I saw here then the
easy way to duck it is to comment out the Run <SysLog$Dir>.!Run line in
!Cache.!Run. But then I never saw a problem with !Cache in !Boot.Resources,
the problem only showed up on attempting to use !Boot's 'Look at' tool.

I do have a very much simpler cache providing application here using only
Obey files. This may or may not be of interest to the NetSurf developers.

--
David Pitt