Rob Kendrick, on 18 Mar, wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 09:15:30AM +0000, David Pitt wrote:
> >
> > And it works. Tested on Mac VRPC which does not preserve the directory
> > timestamp on a move.
>
> Ah, is this a bug in VRPC?  This would explain a lot.

A bug in VRPC!! How very dare you!

> (I've been experimenting in RPCEmu trying to work out wtf this bug is
> about; directory time stamps work as I'd expect them to there, regardless
> of any !RunImage or lack of one.)

The bit about !RunImage defining the Application date stamp was new to me,
and it does work.

The underlying issue is how the host treats directory moves, real RISC OS or
for exampler SDFS on the Pi, maintains the original date stamp on a move.

HostFS on VRPC Mac, RPCEmu Mac and VRPC Windows 7 on a directory move assign
the current time at the move.

--
David Pitt