Dave Higton writes:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:50:00 +0100 Richard Torrens wrote:
>
> > Doing a list of genealogical notes, I wanted to space them out so there
> > was a blank line between each record. So I replaced each <LI> by <P><LI>.
> >
> > This does not work in Netsurf - but does in Firefox and Chrome
> >
> > Is this a bug?
> >
> > The page in question is
> > www.torrens.org.uk/Genealogy/Torrens/DataScot/sasines.html

No, in HTML <p> does not require a closing tag except in specific
circumstances. "The end of a <li>" is not one of those circumstances.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html-markup/p.html

As for the original question, I would probably use CSS to add padding or
margin at the bottom of each li.

--
Anthony J. Bentley