In article <55bc5e48e6li...@torrens.org.uk>,
   Richard Torrens (lists) <li...@torrens.org.uk> wrote:
> My SSD (250GB nominal) was running out - only about 6BG free.

> So I deleted !Cache's Netsurf directory. Now 157GB.

> Two questions:

> How does !Cache take account of NS choices? Disc cache is set to 1024MB.

> What are the disadvantages of using a zip fine for Nwtsurf in !Cache.

> This is on ARMX6. I'm aware that the lfau means that each block is quite
> large. Not sure how large on a 250GB. There were lots of directories in
> !Cache.

I have raised this sort of thing before. I think you would find there
were lots and lots of *empty* directories. Apparently on other FS such
directories cause no problems! I even wrote a program to analyse the
cache, and to create deletes for all empty directories. But I suspect it
currently has bugs, and I got diverted to other things!

I think my directory now (after deleting it all like you have in about
April) is now about 168MB - which is under its 1024MB limit. It does seem
to be using 6300 directories but only holds 1550 files! Still seems a
directory overload to me.

Martin