On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:35:22 +0000, Jim Nagel wrote:
> Is there a way around this?  Is there some setting I would need to
> make in Netsurf to define what I mean by "/" as root?  (Presumably
> there is such a setting in my ISP's software, for I am not being taken
> to the root of their drive!)

The best way is if you can run a local web server and serve up the content
similarly to how it'd be served in production.  A common web development tactic
is to run up a simple server and visit http://localhost/ or
http://localhost:8000/ or similar, having it serve the site "normally" from
there.

If you have a Linux system available you could store the content on there,
and if everything is basic static content then you can serve a site trivially
by:

cd /path/to/website/base
python -m SimpleHTTPServer

it'll tell you what port it's on, and you can visit http://linuxbox:someport/

If you're stuck developing the site on RiscOS, then consider using a RAM disc
or similar because then your site would be a $ on the FS.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69