On 31 Mar, t...@timil.com wrote:
> In article <8b087de156.j...@rickman.argonet..co.uk>, John Rickman
> <rick...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In message <56cb6af6b5...@timil.com> Tim Hill <t...@timil.com> wrote:

> [Snip]

> > The option which allowed you to specify a date range has been removed.

> They've removed it from there now too?

> Isn't that typical?. You have to perform a search and then modify it,
> at least, in other browsers:

> 1. make a google search.

> 2. on the results page look for "Tools"

> 3. now select 'Any time' -> Custom range, pick your dates.

> So much for 'advanced' search! Easier to make a simple one and change
> it.

> But that doesn't help NetSurf users, unfortunately.

P.S. Being curious, I have just been reading about the search parameter
'daterange' and the example given by Google is if you want to examine
documents with a modification date in a range you would search for

parrot daterange:2008-08-01..2008-12-24

ie.

http://google.com/search?q=parrot+daterange:2008-08-01..2008-12-24

But it doesn't seem to work. It's just gets your RISC OS box blocked from
making Google searches and you can't click on the message response
proving you're a human. Using their own example. Duh.

--

Tim Hill

timil.com : tjrh.eu : butterwick.eu : blue-bike.uk : youngtheatre.co.uk