On 16 Aug 2018 Brian  wrote:

> In article <43bd28b6-0a6b-80db-f112-a1e5a014f...@codethink.co.uk>,
>    Michael Drake <michael.dr...@codethink.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 15/08/18 21:33, Peter Young wrote:

>>> Yes, I got one of those too. Why ask for a reply to a closed group to a
>>> message to the general public?

>> I simply sent the e-mail to two mailing lists, so that
>> it would be seen by people who are only on one of them.

>> Both are public, but you might not be subscribed to both.

> Ah, is that what happened! 8-)

It's best not to post to two or more lists at the same time. Unless the
recipients have done their filtering carefully all the posts could end up
in the first list to be found e.g. if they filter on "To:" rather than
"List-ID:".

Richard

--
Richard Porter                      http://www.minijem.plus.com/