Artist Jillian Mcdonald has run into trouble with Vincent Gallo, who is represented at the Whitney Biennial this year. It is about her 2004 work, "To Vincent, With Love",

 http://jillianmcdonald.net/projects/tvwlinfo.html

Incidentally, the Whitney actually has a version of this work in their Artport. I find this all very confusing.

http://artport.whitney.org/gatepages/february05.shtml

She writes, "I just received a cease and desist letter from Vincent Gallo's attorney suggesting I added no creative material in making my video (which took me 8 months to make in 2004), To Vincent with Love. Also this letter claims I am causing him personal injury. It also demands I keep the letter confidential, and that we reach a settlement to be paid to Mr Gallo."

I think that we should collectively work to keep this confidential for Mr. Gallo, don't you think?

Andres

#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nett...@kein.org