Thanks, but ...

I do not load ipw2200 on system start to save battery power. Does my
wireless card spend battery if ipw2200 is not connected?

one more question.... sorry for repeating ...
why do I don't see VPN menu when I left/right click on the icon in tray?

I have openvpn and vpnc installed ...

Thanks a lot one more time.

M.

2006/10/10, Dan Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 22:17 +0200, Ma Begaj wrote:
> > Thanks Dan,
> >
> > I found the solution. ipw2200 is a module, and is being loaded after
> > hal starts. After restarting hal and wpa_supplicant, alle access
> > points are being detected.
> >
> > hope, this will help someone.
> >
> > now, I have to find out how to detect ipw2200 corectly without
> > restarting hal. do you have any ideas?
>
> Ensure that (a) your kernel does hotplug correctly, slackware may not do
> this right, and that (b) you load ipw2200 by default on startup.
>
> In most distributions, the kernel should load the ipw2200 module when it
> sees the ipw2200 device, and send hotplug events to userspace, which are
> handled by udev, which then notifies HAL.
>
> You'd probably get better answers about Slackware specifically from
> slackware forums or mailing lists.
>
> Dan
>

> > one more question.... why do I don't see VPN menu when I left/right
> > click on the icon in tray?
> >
> > Thanks

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche