Alejandro Adam wrote:
> Dan
>
> Thanks for the quick answer. Here I'm trying to answer your questions. I
> couldn't find anything wrong with the wireless configuration (it works,
> in fact). But the applet still does not see it.
>
> The applet is the stable deb package
>
> valhalla:/home/alejandro# nm-applet --version
> Gnome nm-applet 0.6.4
>
> The kernel version is 2.6.18-4-686. It is the latest stable deb package
> also. I didn't compile it by myself. For the module, at the bottom I
> pasted a portion of /var/log/syslog in case is useful.

I'm not sure that 2.6.18 reports wireless statistics anywhere near correctly. I
do know that the
performance is greatly improved in 2.6.21. You should download and build a
later version, or get my
standalone package from
ftp://lwfinger.dynalias.org/patches/bcm43xx-softmac-sa.tar.bz2.

Your firmware is OK - it is the latest version that can be used with bcm43xx.

Larry