Quoting Dan Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 10:13 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Dan,
>>
>> FYI, for kicks I decided to install and try the ipw3945 drivers
>> on my F7t4 system.  I installed ipw3945 packages from DAG with
>> a few changes:
>>
>>   * I installed version 1.7.22 of the ipw3945 daemon (no change)
>>   * I updated the firmware from version 1.13 to 1.14.2
>>   * I added the ipw3845-oops-4 patch from the 1.2.1 test release to
>>     the 1.2.0 dkms package from DAG.
>
> Ok, so this is the older "softmac" driver, right?  Not the new
> mac80211-based driver?  "softmac" drivers are known to work better
> because they've had a much longer time to bake than mac80211 has.
>
> Dan

Yeah, it's the softmac ipw3945 driver, instead of the iwlwifi driver.
The former seems much more stable in my (few) tests.  But I'm away
from that laptop for the next week (I didn't get it fully configured
before I had to fly to CA) so I wont be able to do any more testing
for the next week.

I'm also not surprised that the older driver is more stable, but I
was hoping that iwlwifi would at least work a little.  I'll try again
in future releases.

-derek

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available