Hi,

While I work away on nm-os, I've also got my bluetooth hardware working
under linux, and find bluetooth wireless networking to be very
convenient around the home.

I've tested IPsec over Bluetooth NAP and it actually worked! but NM
doesn't let me launch vpn configurations because it thinks the network
is unplugged.

the default device for pand is bnep0.

If I manually change this to say... eth3 I'm good.

While configuring bluetooth NAP connections through NM would be cool,
that's a big project. I'm wondering tho if there's anyway for NM to
handle unrecognized network connections such that if there's any type of
network connectivity (managed or otherwise) at least let me attempt to
launch a VPN connection?

What do you think?

Steve.