Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 17:09 +0000, yelo_3 wrote:
>
>> The rfkill bug was recently corrected in svn
>> My question is: since now lots of notebooks with a wireless hotkey are not
>> supported by hal, and only emit ACPI or other events, wouldn't it be easier
>> to code a rfkill hal emulation that can be controlled by a binary executable
>> /usr/bin/toggle_rfkill?
>>

> HAL should be fixed to work with ACPI-based laptops.  For now, I'd
> suggest a small daemon that monitors ACPI events (or, have acpid callout
> scripts write the status to a file somewhere), and then add a section to
> the HAL rfkill script to read that file for rfkill status.
>
> Dan

what about the hardware switch found on some intel based laptops? there
is no acpi event or anything like this... the drivers get the info from
the firmware and print a message to dmesg. should the hal rfkill switch
parse this? or should this be fixed in the intel drivers? (send some
kind of event?)