John W. Linville wrote:

> FWIW, there _is_ a problem w/ mac80211's pre-authentication scanning.
> It doesn't probe for SSID, so it can't see hidden networks.
>
> I have been testing the patch below with some success using the
> wireless-tools package.  However, NM still seems unable to get an
> association, at least not on the first try.  Sometimes/often the 2nd
> or 3rd try works, whereas w/o the patch it basically never succeeds
> without some sort of command-line intervention.
>
> Anyway, perhaps you can test w/ the kernel patch below applied?
> It is also available in the Fedora rawhide kernels here:
>
>       http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=13001
>
> Thoughts?

I installed 2.6.23-0.73.rc2.fc8 from koji, but it really made no
difference. Using a plain (from updates repo) NetworkManager, I'm simply
unable to get a network connection going. No matter what I seem to do.

Using the patched NM, I can "Connect to other wireless network" and it
works. But I noticed a different problem. After a warm "reboot", NM will
notice the network and connect when I log in. After a cold "boot", I'll
have to "Connect to other wireless network" again. Probably due to the
fact that the device still has problems finding hidden networks on it's
own and perhaps something is stored withing the device that makes it
work after a reboot.

Anything else to try?

/Thomas