Am Mo 08 Okt 2007 15:10:11 CEST schrieb Dan Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 12:41 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> NetworkManager (stable and trunk) uses a guint16 for holding the
>> access-point's rate property. Unfortunately wpa_supplicant, iwlist and the
>> wext-interface use an int32 for the same. The attached patches fix
>> this issue
>> by using a gint32 instead of a guint16 for trunk and stable.
>
> I'm not really opposed to the change; but there's no point in even
> allowing values that are < 0 for rate since that just cannot happen...
> A change from uint16 -> uint32 would be fine, including the move to Mb
> rates instead of MB rates.  Is there a particular need to match the rate
> type with wpa_supplicant and such, a specific issue?

uint32 would be fine for me too.

The only objection is that the wext-interface uses a signed integer
and therefore negative values could happen (what is very unlikely of
course). I don't know if there is a special case where it could
contain -1 to indicate something?

I can of course adapt the patch to use uint32 instead of int32 :)

Helmut