Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Let me start with saying that both NetworkManager and the gnome applet
> are great, my new installation of Fedora 8 on a Sony Vaio laptop
> connected to our wireless network instantly. Thanks for all the good
> work!
>
> Now I have gnome running, just to set things up and I use the
> networkmanager applet but eventually I don't want to use gnome (I have
> it installed and won't delete it but don't want to run it) but a very
> simple window manager only. Is there a way to run the applet without
> gnome? All I would like to have is the same window popping up when you
> click on the applet in gnome, but now without gnome and without the
> applet, just the window.
>
> Any ideas? By the way, a little documentation wouldn't hurt :)

I started on something I'm calling nm-cli.
http://nm-cli.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nm-cli/

I'm using it right now for default ethernet, and it doesn't work too
well, but I'll be adding to it as I figure out how to create the client
side dbus connections and stuff.  It's mostly just nm-applet on the
backend with an option parser.  With regard to documentation, is anyone
accepting patches for such a thing (the client side libraries at least)?