just change it to the right one. the router should have a way to generate a
key by the means of a passphrase. if not, then set the key manually to the
one you want (use hexadecimal - the 0-9 numbers and the a to f letters - for
genrating it) and then set it in your networkmanager and you should be able
to connect without problems.

2008/1/22, Aaron Konstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 11:37 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Ryan Novosielski wrote:

> > > ASCII and hex keys go together in that one is just the opposite
> > > representation of the other. I believe 40-bit is 5 chars long in ASCII
> > > and 128-bit is 13 chars, but I could be messing that up. I have no
> idea
> > > what the passphrase one is, but it's not something I can use.
> >
> > What AP do you have?  Every consumer AP sold in the last 5 years uses
> WEP
> > passphrases, not ASCII keys.  Chances are that you have encountered
> passphrases
> > before, but since the WEP key situation is so confusing, you may not
> know it.
>
> Unfortunately ignorance can result in your doing remarkable things. I
> have a 2wire 1701HG router. It came with a hex key of 10 digits. By
> sheer ignorance I managed to change it into a 13 digit ASCII key.
> Now the mystery is does the AP use a 48 bit key from the hex digits or
> the 104 bit key from the 13 digit ASCII key?
>
> I am not sure how to find out.

dott. ing. beso