unfortunatly Im still unable to connect to our Windows 2003 VPN Server
on my Intrepid machine. It worked on hardy and the bug is already filed
at lp:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-pptp/+bug/259168

I wonder if I can downgrade only the network-manager to 0.6.6 untill
this bug is fixed. I just tried to build it from source but got an error
because my package wireless-tools isn't the right one that was expected
for that network-manager version. How could I work around it...I don't
won't to destabilise my system but I want to get my VPN to work :-)

Well, I'm not running Intrepid yet, but I did upgrade to NM .7 on Hardy and had problems with it. I successfully downgraded to .6.6 and fixed my issues (most of them anyway). It is kind of a pain to downgrade, but it can be done. I did have one problem after downgrading though - I was unable to create *new* VPNs. I already had some created before upgrading to .7 and those work OK, but I could not get new ones configured after the switch.

Trey Nolen