Thanks for the info ... I just have one more question, see inline.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Dan Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 19:14 -0400, Jose Aliste wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to ask the question in the subject:
> > Which AP is chosen when several are found for the same SSID?
> > I ask this because I see three AP from mi wireless network at my
> > office. Two of them are "802.11G" AP are the other one is only
> > "802.11B" the signal for the slow one is better(it is nearer) and NM
> > always connects to it. However, I would like to NM to connect to one
> > of the others because even with less signal the connection is
> > better( 33mb/s against the 11mb/s of  a b connection!).
>
> At this moment, this is left up to the driver and the supplicant.  The
> supplicant will apparently choose the AP with the best signal strength
> (since the scan results for the same SSID are sorted by signal
> strength), but the driver can also choose to roam from AP to AP based on
> other criteria.
>

> > So, how can I tell NM to use the AP I need ?
>
> You can try to set the BSSID in the connection editor to lock it onto
> one of the APs, but the driver has the discretion to ignore that and
> roam to an AP it thinks is better.  We don't yet have the facility to
> lock to 802.11g at _any_ level of the stack, not just NetworkManager.

I am using NM 0.6 in Hardy and If I do as you or aaron said(keeping in th
bssid only the address of the ap I want), but it does not work.
However, If I go with manual config and I set the  AP by using the
wireless-ap option in the /etc/network/interfaces  then everything works...
Would I be more lucky in NM 0.7, I mean does NM 0.7 try to force the AP? Btw
wpa_supplicant is used even if I am not using WPA?

Thanks

José