On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:07 PM, James . <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use a couple of laptops with iwl3945 and one with rt2860sta and I connect
> to three wireless access points on a daily basis. One is WEP, one is WPA
> Personal and one is WPA Enterprise with PEAP (university).
>
> With previous versions of Networkmanager before around 29th of September,
> connections to WEP and WPA Personal through nm-applet worked fine. Recently
> I noticed that I can only connect to wireless access points with security of
> WEP or less through nm-applet gui. If I click on the wireless connection
> through clicking on the icon and selecting a WPA security connection, the
> following error results:
>
> "Couldnt create default connection" in activate helper function.

I discovered was that NetworkManager or nm-applet is no longer passing
correct security flags, and the function get_secrets falls through to the
end, resulting in the error.

I do not know if this is because of changes in NetworkManager or nm-applet
or something I did to screw up my system. If anyone has any ideas, please
let me know.

By the way, sorry for the split message. Gmail does have its issues.