Em Wednesday 21 December 2011, devine-ml...@ddevnet.net escreveu:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:21:45 -0200, Lamarque V. Souza wrote:
>

> You should use the Settings path to get the settings for a
> connection:
>
> I figured that out minutes before I saw your reply :S
>

> DBUS Service: "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager"
> DBUS Object Path:
> "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager"
> DBUS Interface:
> "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager"
>
> This little snippet made me think.
> Depending which Object you're working with you have different Interfaces
> available to manipulate the object. I found the Settings object,
> eventually. Initially I was trying to work with a Devices object.
>
> Now
> that I know this, I went over the example again and did see
> getConnection was indeed returning a settings path.
>
> > You should try
>
> QtNetworkManager instead of creating your program from scratch:
>

> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/libnm-qt
>

> QtNetworkManager make those details transparent. Unfortunately there is
> not small example of how to use it. I use it in Plasma
> NetworkManagement, but Plasma NM is a big program. If you want to try
> take a look at manager.h and connection.h, those probably contain the
> methods you are looking for.
>
> This is great news. The bad news is that I
> am very new to Qt and C++ so it may be too tricky for me to get started
> without examples.
>
> The functionality I need is the basic set: getting
> interfaces, IP addresses, default gateway, setting an IP addresses...
> Not much past that. Do you think you could put together a small example
> that lists interfaces and sets an IP address on an interface?

        I added one example of how to list interfaces and retrieve the IP
configuration (for static and dhcp). Git pull the repository and look at the
examples directory. I still need to create the example for setting a IP
address, which is not that simple since with NM you have to create a
connection with the IP configuration first.

> The
> GObject and Python APIs look so simple :(

        Well, QtNetworkManager is a working in progress and as so it is not
finished yet.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer