I have an hard nut to crack:

To automatically configure Wifi, I first have to kill the network manager
and than activate the wifi via the commandline: I do this all automatically
in my application and works great. However... it is not the right way to do
this. As the user has no network gui anymore to configure some other
network access. A much better and transparent way would be to configure
wifi directly via network manager over the DBus interface. I was able to
configure it, but I wasn't able to set it to ad hoc mode... Searching the
web for a while: a lot about configuration in general but nothing related
to ad hoc mode. I think the only way to do figure that out is to look into
the source code of the network manager...maybe someone already successfully
did it and he can help me with this...a nice bottle of italian Chianti wine
to him! :)

Andrea