On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 08:24 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hey Dan,
>
> Congrats, and excellent work!
>
> Quick question on your 1.0 planning -- has VPN split-DNS with local
> caching ever made it back into NM?  Back in the day it was working with
> named but it was dropped due to the difficulty in maintaining the named
> dbus interface patch.  I missed that feature for a while, and was
> wondering if it might come back (if it hasn't already, in which case are
> there docs on how to configure it on Fedora)?

VPN split DNS does work with the 'dnsmasq' dns plugin if the VPN pushes
a domain back to you, which should be as simple as "dns=dnsmasq" in the
config file and restarting NM.  There may be complications with some
distro-given default dnsmasq config files though ("bind-interfaces"
 I think), but since NM spawns dnsmasq itself, you could disable dnsmasq
as a system service to work around that, or remove that config option.
Let me know if that works!

Dan