On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 19:05 +0200, Nicolas Boulicault wrote:
> Hi there,
> Michael asked to forward this to the list, so here it is...
>
> The patch 0005-Mark-virtual-ethernet-interfaces-as-unmanaged.patch
> (debian Jessie) messes up with my virtual interfaces (vmware
> vmnet1/vmnet8).

Could you run NM with --log-level=debug and reproduce the issue so that
we can get an idea of what NM is doing?

The goal is to still recognize these interfaces, but *not* touch them,
simply represent their current external state through the NM APIs and
command-line tools.  So if NM is somehow screwing up those devices by
changing their configuration, that would be a bug in NM, and we need to
find it and fix it.

Thanks!
Dan