On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 09:18 +0100, Franck Routier (perso) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu and just upgraded to (still in development) Vivid.
> Now I see that network-manager handles my virbr0 bridge (libvirt), which
> it didn't before.

NM will recognize and "manage" all network interfaces, but that does not
mean that NM actually touches the interfaces.  If the interface already
has a configuration, NM simply assumes the existing configuration and
waits for you to tell it to do something.  That's a difference from
older versions of NM (0.9.8 and earlier) where NM was mostly ignorant of
existing configuration.

We know that NM 0.9.10 still has a few edge cases where it touches
interfaces and shouldn't, but almost all of those have already been
fixed in NM 1.0 and later.

Dan