On Mon, 2016-02-22 at 12:27 +0100, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the 1.2 release approaching, we need to decide on which bugs set
> for 1.2
> milestone need to block the release. No new features should remain in
> the list,
> only things that absolutely need to be fixed before the release such
> as
> regressions.
>
> I propose that these should be retargetted for nm-1.4:
>
> 683206: maximize device availability (IFF_UP/IFF_LOWER_UP) for IPv6
> link-local communication during runtime and after exit
> 699843: leave interface configuration when removing from NM
> management
> 708829: dnssec: support per-connection DNSSEC options for local zones
> 699810: dns: support for unbound with split DNS and DNSSEC
> 746440: improve behavior for assumed and unmanaged devices, do better
> at seamless take over, and don't touch devices
> 760907: fix handling of invalid connections in libnm/libnm-glib

Yeah, I think all of these can get retargeted.

> And I think these should remain blocking 1.2:
>
> 697370: live reconfiguration of NMDevices

Like Thomas said, what is left to do here?  Obviously we're not going
to fix everything for 1.2 so I think we should just split/clone this
for specific properties and close 697370?

> 740574: support appindicator based systrays (found in Unity, KDE,
> Enlightenment and more)

This one was only about some additional nice-to-have stuff that would
make the applet easier to maintain.  So I went ahead and did the
required dbusmenu changes and applet side (both linked in the bug) but
we have to wait for a code review on Launchpad and a new library
release.  If things happen in the next few weeks I'm happy to merge
that code for 1.2.  But I doubt it...

> 736406: NetworkManager.service should use KillMode=mixed>
> 740739: cannot activate shared connection on physically disconnected
> ethernet
> 748302: [review] lr/cli-add-master: Make it possible to specify
> master connection/device for any connection profile
> 760998: resync with systemd upstream code before 1.2
> 761389: don't mess with interface handled by clatd
> 762322: reapply does not restore IP configuration
> 762331: revert behavioral change for NM_UNMANAGED_USER_CONFIG being
> overwritable by USER_EXPLICIT

Thomas fixed this one already it seems.

> 762333: ensure autoconnection does not make a device
> !NM_UNMANAGED_USER_EXPLICT
> 341323: [ENH] Verify subject of remote certificate [See dependency
> tree for bug 341323]

Yeah, this one should get enabled, and maybe we even add it to editor
while we're at it.  I think domain_suffix_match is also simpler for
users and administrators to implement anyway.

Anything I didn't comment on I agree with your assessment.

Dan