> To clarify, not possible on NM 0.9.8.  NM 0.9.10 and later make large
> efforts to preserve configuration made outside NM.
>
> Unfortunately I have to cope with this version for a while. Arago project
just started to work on Yocto version 2.1 that has much newer NM - takes
several months to get stabile release.

> But I think it could be handled with dispatcher scripts too that would
> spawn avahi-autoipd --force-bind on the interface that has just been
> upped by NM.

OK. Actually this command is what I used as avahi-autoipd start command. I
suppose it is enough just to kill avahi-autoipd as systemd service unit
starting avahi-autoipd has Restart property. However, it is not quite clear
for me, which evet I should hook this kill command.