> > *route add default dev eth0 metric 99*
> > So, everything is fine!
>
> That implies that the default route was not set up correctly
> beforehand.  What's the output of "ip route" before you add that
> default route?

Yes, there was no default route set at all. In fact it should have been
created by avahi-autoipd.action script command:

ip route add default dev "$2" metric "$METRIC" scope link ||:

Somehow this did not do the trick. I changed that to:

ip route add default dev "$2" metric "$METRIC"||:

Default route was produced after that. I did not check that command
manually, but I suppose that ip command is coming from busybox and do not
support ip command properly. It's also possibly that I had ordinary ip
command installed in that older set-up, I don

I found out just before leaving office that connection did not recover
after unplugging and plugging again. It could come from the fact that I did
not fix "CONFLICT|UNBIND|STOP" branch of avahi-autoipd.action script that
seems also having these "scope link" statements. I'll check that tomorrow

> You might try setting the "never-default" option in the VPN
> connection's config to "true", to indicate that the VPN shouldn't grab
> the default route.

I'll check this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Matti