Hi,

a small heads-up from my side on this critical bug... Would really like to have
some upstream developer opinion on this, though.

Am 02.10.2017 um 09:20 schrieb Oliver Freyermuth:
> Is specifying
>  autoconnect-retries-default=0
> in the [main] section of NetworkManager.conf a working workaround until this
> fundamental issue is resolved (which would work without recompiling)?
I tested. It has no effect at all, it seems the hardcoded DHCP_NUM_TRIES_MAX is
the only thing which is used if DHCP fails. The autoconnect-retries seems to be
used only for non-DHCP errors.

Another option would be to increase the DHCP timeout, which seems to translate
into the time "NetworkManager keeps dhclient alive before killing it".
Sadly, this can only be set per connection, which makes it hard to roll this
out onto a large set of servers which should use default DHCP configuration.

It would be really nice if NetworkManager would behave like *any* other DHCP
client here, or just let dhclient do its job properly instead of killing it
regularly, breaking the rule of least surprise.

Any thoughts on this? Any help on the matter?

Cheers,
        Oliver