On Tue, 2019-03-26 at 08:41 +0100, Martin Forssen via networkmanager-
list wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the need to run OpenVPN with PKCS#11 hardware certificates on
> Linux. This does currently not seem to be possible with
> NetworkManager.
>
> I have looked around a bit and realize this is a can of worms. The
> nice clean solution would require changes to OpenVPN, which so far
> seems to be hard to get merged.
>
> So my plan right now is to take the simplest possible approach and
> just add text fields where one can enter pkcs11-providers and pkcs11-
> id (and of course support for importing these values).
>
> My question now is if I were to submit patches which does this, is
> there any chance of them getting merged (assuming they follow coding
> standard etc)?

Hi,

work on this would be great.

Lubomir was working on that, quite a while ago.

Some work in progess is still at [1]. Note this also requires support
from NetworkManager ([2]).

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/NetworkManager-openvpn/commits/lr/p11-forward
[2]
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/log/?h=lr/p11-forward