[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Quick question, is the proxy handling byte-range, or is the up-stream
> server handling it?  If the proxy module is handling it, then I believe
> that the answer is to stop having the proxy handle it.  If the up-stream
> server is doing the work, then +1 for this patch.

The proxy is a simple gateway - it passes whatever it gets to the
backend, and passes whatever reply back to the browser as is without
modification - through the byterange filter. As a result should a
backend server handle the range request, Apache will try to do it as
well, resulting in a range of a range.

Where the proxy will need to handle range requests is to support REST in
the ftp module. This is how I found the problem.

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                "There's a moon
                                        over Bourbon Street
                                                tonight..."