Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Still on my plate (I'll get it done soon, I swear) is the new memory
> allocation scheme for buckets,

are you thinking about an atomic push/pop block allocator?  I'll be
happy to help out if so, especially with the machine instruction level
stuff.

>                      With threading enabled, the poor buckets code
> spends half its time trying to acquire mutexes.  <sigh>

yeah, but that stuff can go away.  compare-and-exchange (or compare &
swap, or load & reserve, or...) is our friend in multithreaded systems,
especially on multiprocessors.  The piece I haven't figured out is how
to set up CPU architecture dependent directories, or macros, or
whatever, in APR.  <sigh>

Greg