On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 02:59:54PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Well then, we are screwed until some people lose their attitude problem,
> or someone else comes along to replace them.  That is nothing new.

Ah. Then I misinterpreted the situation. I thought both would have liked
to have it "their way" but only one solution should be added.

> The only reason the tls solution is in the code base is because one
> of the committers committed something rather than continue to wait until
> the other committers showed some evidence of life.  If you or anyone
> else with commit access has a better solution, then commit the better
> solution.  I have no more patience left for people who complain about
> the status quo when they know perfectly well how to change it and have
> had permission to do so since the London ApacheCon.  I don't care if we
> have five different SSL solutions in the code base, provided they come
> from people willing and able to maintain them.

AFAIK Ralf is working on a mod_ssl port to apache-2.0. And I noticed
there is already a modules/ssl/ subdirectory present in CVS.
Does that mean that Ralf is free to add mod_ssl in parallel to mod_tls,
so that apache-2.0 users will have the choice between the "small but
sufficient" and the "bigger but professional" SSL solution?

  Martin
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany