[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> fielding    01/05/11 01:12:12
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES configure.in
>   Log:
>   Simplify the configuration process by moving all libtool stuff to APR
>   and moving the last bits of hints.m4 inline.  Now we only run every
>   test four times instead of five.  One down, three to go.

I wonder if no longer running the libtool configuration that time
keeps $GCC from being set at the point where we add -DAP_DEBUG (and
gcc-specific flags) for --enable-maintainer-mode.

Starting last night in the several hours leading up to 3:55 EST,
AP_DEBUG stopped getting enabled for --enable-maintainer-mode.  $GCC
isn't set at the right point for the code below to work:

AC_ARG_ENABLE(maintainer-mode,[  --enable-maintainer-mode  Turn on debugging and
compile time warnings],
  [APR_ADDTO(CFLAGS,-g)
   if test "$GCC" = "yes"; then
     APR_ADDTO(CFLAGS,[-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -DAP_DEBUG])
   else
     echo "*****************************************We're not using gcc... GCC: $GCC"
   fi
])dnl

We *are* adding the gcc-specific flags corresponding to
--enable-maintainer-mode elsewhere:

obtaining flag settings from the sub-configures...
  adding "-g" to CFLAGS
  adding "-Wall" to CFLAGS
  adding "-Wmissing-prototypes" to CFLAGS
  adding "-Wstrict-prototypes" to CFLAGS
  adding "-Wmissing-declarations" to CFLAGS

Obviously we don't need to add the gcc-specific flags in two places,
but we do need to add -DAP_DEBUG at least once :)

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...