I am getting more than a bit anoyed by the BSD accept filters; when you
have them in a binary; they are always on. And if the setsockopt()
fails things bomb wiht an exit(1).

Which is a bit of a pain if you move them between machines and/or have
kernels which (sometimes) do not have them plugged in.

What is the best strategy:

0       Change the 'exit' when the sockopt fails for SO_ACCEPTFILTER
        to a warning;.
1       Leave as is; but provide an AcceptFilter on/off directive
        to switch it off - if SO_ACCPETFILTER is defined.
2.      Have AcceptFitler on/off on all platforms; it is just a
        NOP unless SO_ACCEPTFILTER is defined. THis makes your
        config file more portable (as an <if core> module selector
        is not going to work).
3.      As '2' - but give a warning if someone sets it to 'on'
        on a platform which does not support it.

I think 0 or 2 is best. Opinions before I commit something ?

Dw