Let me start by saying that I installed Mandrake on my Gateway Solo 2500
laptop.  I'm also running Windows NT 4.0  on the same machine.  The
installation went great, didn't have any problems what so ever.

I'm trying to get the internet up and running but for some reason I
can't log in.  I don't have any problems with NT.

1.  I can dial my ISP and actually connect to the server, at least that
what the Login Script Debug Window shows.
2.  It also shows that the connection is always 9600.  I'm using a
Xircom 56K modem card
3.  When I connect to the ISP, it appears that my computer is trying to
log in, but then I get the message:  "Timeout expired on waiting for the
PPP interface to come up!"

Also, when I try to query the modem, sometimes I get a message "Modem
query timed out".  If the query don't time out, I won't have any entries
in the ATI fields, they're all blank.

Mike