On Fre, 26 Mär 1999, you wrote: / Am Fre, 26 Mär 1999 schrieben Sie:
> Tom,
>
> I tried earlier today to post an approval at dejanews.  Never could
> get it to work!  I just used the link to news:alt.config and found the
> proposal and posted a reply to the one dissenting vote I saw.  Well,
> it's just like Michael said earlier, there's one in every crowd!
>
> I really would prefer the newsgroup.  You had a wonderful idea, and I
> hope it happens!
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Scarlett

Scarlett,
one dissenting voice in a group like alt.config is really nothing to worry
about. I've been through that procedure before and expected much heavier
flak. But maybe we ain't seen nothing yet...
In fact, you do not really *vote* in alt.config, since creating a
newsgroup in the alt-hierarchy does not depend on votes like in the rest
of Usenet. Creating a newsgroup there is a much more involved process
which takes at least six weeks to accomplish.
Posting a proposal to alt.config and having it discussed just makes it
more probable that newsadmins will accept the group on their servers. But
more on that later.

Thanks a lot for your kind words

tom

 --
"The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum." (Finagle's Law)
Thomas 'Tom' Berger, [EMAIL PROTECTED] No UCE. No spam. 'nuff said.