Steve Philp schrieb:
> Lothar Brenner wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > After Installation of mandrake 5.3 I can not login because the keyboard
>  doesen´t
> > work correctly. Writing the word "root" the screen displays "r66t". It
>  loooks as
> > if the right part of the keyboard is absolutly confused.
> > By the way: I did another Installation with a SuSe-Evaluation Version and it
> > worked well.
>
> It's caused because of Mandrake turning on the NUM LOCK when the system
> starts.  If you have a way to turn off NUM LOCK on that laptop, turn it
> off, then login.  I've only ever heard of laptops being affected, is
> that correct?
>
> To stop it from happening again, edit /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and comment
> out the following lines:
>
>       # Linux Mandrake : this little script switch on the LEDs
>       # in console mode
>
>       INITTY=/dev/tty[1-8]
>       for tty in $INITTY; do
>               setleds -D +num < $tty
>         done
>
> That should do it!
>
> --
> Steve Philp
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Steve

Thank you for helping me. You were right: My PC is a notebook and things worked
after turning off the NUM LOCK key.

But now there is the next problem:
After a correct login the KDE-screen is displayed. But it is in a low resolution
and only a part of the screen is seen.
So tried to configure with the Xconfigurator. But whatever I choosed to configure
nothing changed.
During the installation process a correct PCI cyber 9397 graphic card was
recommended.

These are the datas of my graphic card and the monitor:

Graphic card:  Trident Cyber 9397 PCI, 3D, 4 MB, 64 Bit
Monitor: 13.3" TFT Display with Active Matrix, XGA-resolution.

Can you help me ?

Thank`s a lot