On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Irsan S. P. Siregar wrote:

> How do you put a full screen program to run in the background?
>
> With my shell account (FreeBSD w/ csh), I usually use Ctrl-Z,
> and type bg 1 to put a background FTP session

Most programs accept Ctrl-Z - there are just some programs (including
pico) that catch the Ctrl-Z combination to do something else.

You can still suspend pico by switching to another tty (press Alt-F1 for
tty1, Alt-F2 for tty2, ...) and doing "kill -STOP `pidof pico`".

Another alternative is to use screen, which splits the screen in different
parts.

LLaP
bero