Russ Westbrook wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need a little help. I finally got all the way to the actual install
> (I think), but when it asks me what partition it is on, I can't get it
> to find the Red Hat files. I made a primary partition of 600 megs in
> DOS (left the rest blank) and copied all the CD on that drive. It
> recognizes this partition and the two that Linux created. What folder
> or file do I point it to? The info would be on the first partition as
> Linux lists them. I know most of you out there (or at least it seems
> to me) install it from the CD. Not an option in my case. Hmmmmmmm, a
> thought just now occurred to me, I have my CD on an IDE port off my
> sound card. Would this make a difference? Should I slave it off the HD
> and see what happens? Windows says I am using a Mitsumi driver to run
> my CD. There is a Mitsumi option on the CD list for Linux but it says
> it can't find my CD.
>
> Any thoughts anyone?
>
> Russ

One thing to make sure of is that you have a true IDE port and a true
IDE cdrom drive. I had
a old Panasonic (Creative) connected to my Sound Blaster 16. Even though
it used a standard
IDE hard drive cable, it wasn't a true IDE cdrom. Apparently, the setup
I had used a kind of "proprietary IDE."

Lloyd Osten
[EMAIL PROTECTED]