I tried to upgrade my kernel with the rpms from the mandrake site and it did
not work.  I then used the buildkernel script which downloaded the 2.2.5
source and seemed to work fine.  The system boots up to login screen fine.
I login as root type startx and it gives me errors that it can not establish
listening sockets, make sure x  server is not already running.  Tried
startkde and had the same luck. I also noticed that my prompt is
[root@localhost 6] did not notice that before.  I can access my windows
fat32 drives and see the scsi card id with my jaz drive (the reason I wanted
to upgrade. If someone could point me the right direction I would appreciate
it.
Robert Sheskin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ 5788323
 If you think talk is cheap, try hiring a lawyer.