Hi,

I tried the latest ones (after the bug fix). And disaster!!! What u should
know :

(1) The RPMs are merely an install procedure similar to that from the CD(or
whatever). It is not compiled and as a result u get a generic kernel and a
bunch of things done in the background.

(2) However, although the kernel RPMs are alright(source ones complain abt
dependencies though), the updates(nearly) all end up with conflicts.

(3) After editing lilo.conf, the boot up sequence hangs at finding module
dependencies(a duplicate of the old created by RPM). Also, the font goes
whacky on bootup(new penguin logo).

I thought I was smart by forcing the conflicting rpms but this unfortunately
broke MOUNT. As a result, I can't mount anything except ext2 and my backups
are not on the disk. Duh!! Another reinstall. The Mandrake pple also need to
more informative with their upgrade advice and do MORE TESTING!!! The
RPMs(newest) are not working!!!