Hello again,

It's been a few days since my original post. I've been digging here and there trying
to find information needed to solve my problems and I finally got it! Well, at least
most of it. Of course, it wouldn't be possible without the help of the friendly
people here... A big "thank you" goes to:

Paul A. Bernicchi
Lloyd Osten
Kuraiken - Apprentice Codecaster
Richard
chris

I managed to turn my modem speaker off only in console. No luck with kppp, though. I
was advised to set my modem speaker loudness to zero, but I don't have any slider
that would allow me to adjust the speaker level! Maybe it's the version of kppp I
use? Maybe I'm overlooking something? Anyway, I can't find it in kppp 1.3.3 that
comes with Mandrake 5.2

Commenting out/deleting the 'Virtual' section in /etc/X11/XF86Config gets rid of the
virtual desktop in 800x600 (and up, I believe) but does not work in 640x480! The
only way to disable it is to delete everything except 640x480 in supported
resolutions. Weird.

One last note: I got my DPMS features (Energy Star) working! Now my monitor shuts
off after a certain time of inactivity. If anyone is interested in how to get it to
work, please let me know and I'll provide a step-by-step setup.

Regards,

Tomasz

P.S.
Sorry about the missing topic in my previous message.