From: Sam Bonham
To: newbie
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 1999 7:08 AM
Subject: [newbie] ext2 filesystem

I let "Making ext2 filesytem on /dev/hdb1" run for an hour and a half on
a new 3.2G. I have a P166, 48 RAM, Ultra HD. The filesystem never did
finish, it continued to read "Runnng". Did I wait long enough, if so
what can I do to fix the problem?

In the two books and Mandrake user guide and HOWTO, I can't find the
answer to the question? Will all the directories be made automatically
when the programs are installed during setup or do they need to be made
manually when partitioning the root?
As always thanks for the help
Sam