On Tue, 02 Mar 1999, you wrote:
> > I am now TOTALLY baffled as to how to get this kdenonbeta installed, and how
> > many packages I'll have to compile manually to get there...  oh, and my source
> > directory is still installed (2.2.1) as /usr/src/linux.
> >
> > Any ideas?  I just want the ktheme manager...  ;)
>
> >From the error messages in the compile, it looks like you don't have
> some kernel sources installed.  The items it's looking for can be
> provided by one of two packages.  Use the kernel-headers package if you
> don't intend on compiling a custom kernel.  Use the kernel-source
> package if you think you might be interesting in compiling your own
> kernel at some point.
>
> I don't know whether either of these two packages set the symlinks that
> you'll need, though I'd imagine that kernel-headers probably does.  In
> any case, after installing either of the above packages, use the
> following commands (as root):
>
>       cd /usr/include
>       ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 asm
>       ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux linux
>       ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/scsi scsi
>
> Retry your compile and everything should be peachy.

Steve,

OK, it seems my symlink "asm" was invalid... I deleted it a created a new one.
The compile for kdelibs went smoothly, but still no luck with kdenonbeta.

Would you happen to know which package the file k2url.h is a part of?  Mayeb
someone can just email it to me as a band-aid fix  ;)

Thanks,

Paul

--

Paul A. Bernicchi