>> Hey All,
>>
>> Ref: Mandrake 5.3
>>
>> When I start KDE as root and select the K at the bottom of the screen there is a
>> selection that comes up as " Non-KDE apps " that does not appear when a user
starts
>> KDE. My question is this:  How can I make that selection appear with a non-root
>> user?
>>
>> TIA
>> Rick Keefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>--
>G'day
>
>When loged in as a user, click on the KAppFinder Icon on the desktop, should do
>the trick.
>
>Michael Doyle
>Adelaide, South Australia
>ICQ #2635762
>http://landofoz.apana.org.au

Michael,

Thanks for the info. I must be doing something wrong. When I click on KAppFinder
a window opens and the screen fills with looking for/found, looking for/not found
and so on. Once the program get done looking for apps it just closes itself and
I'm back to where I started. As a side note. I was messing aroung with the K on the
panel and non-KDE apps appeared on the next click, sometimes it's there as a user,
sometimes it's not but it's always there when logged in as root. I'm logged in as a
user this time.