Hi all,

I have Mandrake 5.3 with sendmail-8.8.7-20 installed.
I want my From: headers changed, when the email is going out to the internet.

localuser1 > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As much as I know the genericstable feature is used for this. So I just used
the redhat.mc file and added some lines concerning the genericstable and
created a sendmail.cf with m4. I used makemap to create a hashed version of the
genericstable. Unfortunatly this does NOT work. I have no idea why.

That's the .mc file used:

divert(-1)
include(`/usr/lib/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')
define(`SMART_HOST',`provider's smtp server')
<added
OSTYPE(`linux')
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
                     <added
FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/genericstable')      <added
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')         <added

FEATURE(redirect)
FEATURE(always_add_domain)
FEATURE(use_cw_file)
FEATURE(local_procmail)
MAILER(procmail)
MAILER(local)                                          <added
MAILER(smtp)
HACK(check_mail3,`hash -a@JUNK /etc/mail/deny')
HACK(use_ip,`/etc/mail/ip_allow')
HACK(use_names,`/etc/mail/name_allow')
HACK(use_relayto,`/etc/mail/relay_allow')
HACK(check_rcpt4)
HACK(check_relay3)

With all this the From: headers are not changed by sendmail. The same settings
worked with RedHat 4.2. So I tried to start sendmail with -d option. The output
seems O.K., but the last lines say something like this:

rewrite: ruleset    4    input: root
rewrite: ruleset    4 returns: root
root... Recipient names must be specified

What does the last line mean? Do I have to specify something? Waht can I do?

Please HELP. I can send the output of sendmail -d, too.

Thanx in advance

Jacek