I figured out why all my files were not working right it wasn't that
they were text files  but the permissions are messed up... everytime i
try to install something the permissions for it are always messed up! is
their some setting i can change to stop this... i am not telling it to
save permissions i don't think but apparently it is! anyone have any
idea why it is doing this...i am using linux mandrake 5.3 if that has
anything to do with it